Frisbee Life Guard
We stood on the beach watching the small red disk float away on the waves. Jimmy had already ran back to the house to try and get my dad to come help - what else were we to do none of us were over the age of six - he was only three.
I moved into the waves. The water overlapping my feet pushing them into the sand. The Frisbee was not too far away - just past the place I could no longer touch the sea floor. I walked up to that spot took a deep breath and pushed off into the sea.
It was further than I thought - but I could swim.
I reached the disk- the line of parents had arrived on the beach. I must have looked in control because my mom was surprisingly calm, after all if there was a good spot for six year old water heroics this was it.
I swam back to the drop off - stood up and walked back. I was proud. I had made it.
No comments:
Post a Comment