Thursday, January 17, 2013

HI

Hi!! Look I have a blog - I bet you did not see that coming- ha ha ha! Who is computer challenged now?!?

Ok calming down.

My name is Maddi Kasic - that name is triad marked so don't try to steel it, its mine.

I have been obsessed with names for a long time. I think that names are not only what we are known by but also who we are and that they should say something about us. This makes naming characters when I write hard. I spend a lot of time on baby naming websites looking up meanings and brainstorming names - but I will explain more about that on a later date - what I want to tell you is how I became Maddi Kasic.

I was not named Maddi, I was named Madeline. I like the name Madeline - sometimes even more than I like Maddi but only a few people still call me that. I am Madeline to my family and to those who knew me when I was very little. Anymore Madeline is a nickname, it is saved for the people who have always and will always be a guiding force in my life. Madeline is special.

Maddi is who I am. She is a six year old girl who will jump into a freezing ocean to retrieve a run away Frisbee. She is also a nine year old who was over friendly to the new girl in her forth grade class and made the girl in question hide behind her dad- needles to say we became good friends. And she is a girl who will never admit to fear even when she is shaking in her boots.

Wow- that was not what Dr. Z asked me to write - I'll post the detailed defining moment in a moment.      

    

No comments:

Post a Comment