Confessions
of a Hero
Would you stop it?
Really, its not funny any more.
The way you look into my life,
know my secrets,
.
It’s a lot of pressure, living up
to your expectations.
I have to be perfect.
Everything I do you see.
I go to bed and wake up and you are
there.
It’s not right.
I have no time to myself.
I am driven by plot,
made to live my life on a page for
you to flip through,
stare at,
tell your friends about.
I DON’T LIKE IT.
It’s not fair, you know everything
about me and I know nothing about you.
WHY CAN’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!
Wait don’t go.
Maybe its ok if you know so much
about me.
Maybe it means you’re my friend.
Maybe it means we’re friends.
Both of us
Together
Would you like that?
I would.
I would like it a lot.
I bet we would be good friends,
Best friends,
Maybe even more than friends… If
that’s ok with you?
Very interesting idea... I definitely like the concept of how frustrating it might be to be "the hero" all the time.
ReplyDeleteI really like this, it breaks the fourth wall with how frustrated the character is of reliving the same story, the same life over and over again. It's fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really creative idea, I like the interaction between the character and the reader
ReplyDeleteI like the voice. The hero in the story really seems like a real person. I like how you leave a lot up to the readers imagination to. It makes this piece of writing that much more believable...
ReplyDeletegreat twist toward the end there.
ReplyDelete